Sunday, June 28, 2009

100

Ok so today felt much better, I was comfortable on the range, but hit half as many balls to warm-up... I wish I had hit more on the putting green however, because today was the first day in many weeks where it hadn't rained the day before. This is very important apparently (which I didn't know before today) because the greens move FAST!!! I had twice as many three putts as usual, and I just could not get anything to hole out. I had a lot of fun though, didn't lose as many balls, and my drive seemed to be more straight than usual although my fairway percentage may not be a good indicator. I did finish out strong with a goof 40ft. putt on the 17th to stay close to my goal of 100.

I had a horrible melt down about midway through the back nine when I started passing a group of four guys who were moving kind of slow. I was again by myself, as no one seems to play 18 holes at Flatirons, everyone plays 9 and stops. I was by myself and just got super depressed (I've had a lot on my mind with school, work, money, my girlfriend being in another state, just over-all lonely and stressed out which is difficult as one may have guessed) and shot a 9 and an 8 back to back which was the first two scores above 7 the whole round, which is typically a good indicator for me on how well I'm doing (fairway percentage being the second).

Anyways, I think I'm going to have to take a break this week for an exam and paper that's due on Thursday, but I'm looking forward to playing again next weekend, SHOOTING FOR 90!

No comments:

Post a Comment